Mobile Banking Security Tips
We’re dedicated to providing the highest level of security.
- Protect your personal information by ensuring your mobile device maintains a PIN, fingerprint
authentication or strong password. When your device is not in use, enable automatic screen lock.
- Once your session is complete, log out of mobile banking before closing the app.
- Do not share personal and financial information via email, text or phone. Social Security number,
birthdate, passwords and account numbers should be kept private and never stored on your
- Delete security codes and message alerts you may receive via text from your financial institution.
- If you change your mobile phone number, be sure to update your online banking profile to
protect sensitive message alerts.
- Report a lost or stolen device. Contact your financial institution immediately to update your
information. You can also log in and remove the old device from your online banking profile.
- Use caution when downloading banking apps. Only install apps from reputable sources such as
Apple® App Store, Google™ Play or a direct link from your financial institution’s website.
- Keep your mobile operating system up-to-date by installing the latest updates as prompted
by your device to ensure maximum security.
- Access mobile banking on a secure wireless network. Do not use public Wi-Fi hotspots. Unsecure
networks can expose sensitive data, making it vulnerable to hackers.
- When depositing a check through our mobile banking app, wait until the funds are available and then destroy the check.